Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

It's Teacher Week '13!

Happy Teacher Week '13 Everyone!
 
 
I am so excited to be participating in Teacher Week '13 hosted by BlogHoppin'! Here is a list of the week's events.

 
Today's topic is Let's Talk About Me - Meet the Teacher.  I thought to myself this is an easy one for me.  Who do I know more about than anyone else... myself!
 

Things to know about Julie...

 
1. I have been happily married to my husband Steve for 10 years.  We have one little one.  Her name is Cee Cee.  She is a cat.
 
 
2. I come from a family of Chicago Bear's fans. Steve and I went to the Bears' game on Friday.  They played the Carolina Panthers.  Too bad the Panthers won.

 
3. The exciting thing was that three former Iowa State players were on the field, two for the Panthers and one for the Bears.  This is important because I am a graduate of Iowa State University!  Go Cyclones! 
 
 
4. I love to decorate for the holidays.  Whether it is my classroom, my house or my cat.


 
 
5. This is my sixth year teaching 4th Grade girls at Sacred Heart Schools, an independent school in Chicago.  Prior to my current position, I taught 5th grade for two years in Charlotte, North Carolina. Before moving to Charlotte, I was the Computer Applications Teacher at the same school where I am currently teaching.
 
 
6. I love to read for pleasure and to read to my students.  I can't wait for the third Michael Vey book to come out in September.  This series by Richard Paul Evans is as much for me to read as it is to read to my girls.
 
 



 
 
7.  Some of my favorite summer television shows are: Franklin and Bash, Suits, Rizzoli and Isles, and So You Think You Can Dance.
 
 
8.  My husband and I like to go to the early Sunday morning showing of movies.  The prices are less expensive and it is never too early for movie theater popcorn!
 
 

 
 
9.  I love flowers.  I currently have two hibiscus plants on my deck, a red one and an orange one.
 


 
10.  I bought a new, larger SUV this summer even though it is only my husband, our cat and I.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Is your cat wearing a shirt? That is adorable!!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you decorate your cat! That's the kind of thing I would do :)
    I'm not familiar with the Michael Vey series, but after reading reviews on Amazon, it's in my cart ready to be bought for my classroom. Thanks for sharing!
    Marion
    MentoringintheMiddle

    ReplyDelete