Image Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Snow Day!

On Friday, A4b had their first indoor snow day! In Chicago we often have cold weather, however we have nearly broken a record for lack of snow.  It has been 325 days since we have had 1 inch of snow. Remembering the amazing post Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics wrote about her snow day in Florida I thought why not!

Here is how our day went.

Using the ingredients for Mixed-Up Snowman Snacks I found at Gourmet Mom on-the-go the girls created snowman scenes.

Using these ingredients...


A4b created this!

After both creating and eating our Mixed-Up Snowman the girls moved onto creating with homemade clay. Using a recipe found at Spoonful.com the girls had a blast making everything they could think of.
Snowflakes!

Snowmen and Igloos!

Create your best Mrs. Cat!
(Mrs. Cat is my lovely little grey kitty.)


We ended our morning by making snowmen! Since there is no snow to be found we used newspapers.



 
 
 
Newspaper Snowman!


The girls had a blast.  Thank you Tara for such a great idea.  I will definitely make this a tradition.

3 comments:

  1. OH my gosh... just found your blog from Christi featuring it on her design blog Facebook page. I am in LOVE with the cats all over the page - reminds me of mine!! Glad to have found you :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitties. I have a gray cat also! =)

    I love all of your snowmen and other winter creations. They are just too cute!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the great comments! I love kitties. Christy is awesome to work with if you are in the market for a blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete